Here is the solution how to play these games in your favorite language.
I used the Acekard Firmware on the R4i, because the R4i Cheat system doesn't work for me.
I hope my ordered Acekard2i will reach me soon because the R4i is @!$%&# ;)
Here the instructions:
R4i Firmware for R4i users: http://r4ultra.com/download/ENGLISH_1.53.zip
Akaio Firmware for Ak2i AND R4i users: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?download=5069
Acekard Firmware for Ak2i AND R4i users: http://www.acekard.com/download/ak2/ak2_416_20090404_release.zip
Cheat Code Editor: http://www.r4ds.cn/download/Cheat-code-editor-en-v1.01.rar
I will explain the Cheat for Akaio Firmware. For original Acekard Firmware its nearly the same. The only difference is the position of the Cheat Menu in the Firmware.
Acekard users start at step 2!
- Download R4i Firmware and extract it into the root of your microsd card
- Download Acekard/Akaio Firmware and extract it into the root of your microsd card
- Download the Cheat Code Editor, extract it to your favorite folder in your windows os and start it (editor instructions can be found here: http://www.r4ds.cn/download/Cheat_code_editor.html)
- First you need the game id for the game yout want to cheat. Click "Tools(T)" -> "get GameID form ROM". Open your ROM and copy the number from the popup window.
- Click "Code(C)" -> "add game" (or use the small ds icon)
- Paste the GameID in field "Game ID" on the right side and enter a Game Name
- Click "Code(C)" -> "add code"
- Enter a cheat name in the field "Cheat Name". Name it in your preferred language.
- Then enter the language cheat (without language name) in the field "Cheat Data". Here are the codes:
IMPORTANT: click "Update Code" otherwise it won't be saved for the game
- Do this for ALL of your games
- Then click the save button and save the cheat file with the name "usrcheat.dat". Copy it on your microsd into the folder: "__aio\cheats" (for Akaio Firmware) , "__ak2\cheats\" (for original Acekard Firmware)
- For R4i users: Start your DSi and run the R4i and start the "akmenu4.nds". The Acekard Firmware will boot
- For Acekard users: Start your DSi and run the Acekard
- Select the game you want to play in your language and click Start -> Cheats -> Click the square of your language cheat to activate it (its checked then). Push "select" on your DSi to save the cheat.
- Start the game its now in your language
- Have fun!
I hope the Acekard team will develope an auto language cheat function in there next firmware.
I have tested these cheat and it works perfectly. If you have any question I'll help you.